October 26, 2005

Yandex Paid Search: Views Free of Charge

Internet, October 26, 2005. Yandex discontinues taking payment per view for paid search results. All advertisements in search results will be sold on a pay per click basis and placed via Yandex.Direct. This means that the advertiser pays only for actual clicks through to the advertiser’s site, and the cost of a click is determined in competition with other customers of the system. Yandex will completely switch to the new scheme of working with customers on November 1.

Yandex.Direct is the most efficient system for placing advertisement for sales support. The customers can single-handedly determine how much they are willing to pay per visitor. Each advertiser can select own special strategy: sellers of seasonal goods can win clients over by increasing rates only in specific periods of time, while suppliers of goods with steady demand can manage their costs by staying in the middle of an ad block and ensuring a relatively small but steady flow of visitors.

“The pay-per-click arrangement is extremely popular, as the customers prefer paying for the result, but not for the process,” comments Alexey Tretyakov, Chief Commercial Officer of Yandex. “And the auction bid placement principle allows to maintain a fair market price for any keyword at any given time and in any region.”

Yandex will no longer get money for paid search results views starting from the New Year. By that time, pay-per-view ad campaigns that were ordered prior to November 1 will be completed.

“Thousands of customers already run their own campaigns in Yandex.Direct,” says Eugene Lomize, Head of Advertising Technologies Department. “Those who are not used to thinking about such details as changing prices for various keywords can still turn to agencies or the Yandex Sales Department. For these advertisers, we have introduced a special "Carefree" tariff this month.”

Yandex is an advertising site that provides possibilities for vast audience coverage and targeted consumer messages. Paid search ensures about 80% of the company’s income. The remaining 20% are received from media content advertising (i.e. banners at the home page, mail, search page, and other projects) and paid services. Banner ads are still paid per view.

Contacts:
Elena Kolmanovskaya, Chief Editor
Michael Ushakov, Head of Yandex PR
Phone: +7 495 739-70-00
Fax: +7 495 739-70-70
E-mail: pr@yandex-team.ru



Close window | Back to top

Copyright 2018 Yandex